So you’ve decided to venture into the world of social media stories. Fantastic! This will be a great venture for you as it will help you to reach your audience on a whole new level, with features that are not present in typical social posts. We have compiled a list of tips below that will help your stories be the best they can be. Let’s check them out!
- Make sure your logo is present somewhere in the story, preferably in the first three seconds.
- You’ll want to capture your audience’s attention within the first three seconds as this is the typical attention span for the average social media user.
- Instagram stories are a maximum of 15 seconds long, so keep this in mind when creating content.
- Keep your content visually consistent. Even if you are using just text on a blank background, change the text box colour to your brand colours or pre-make the content with your brands font and use that image rather than typing it via Instagram using their limited font choices.
- If you are using stories to sell a product, lead with the most compelling elements first.
- Just because Instagram stories can be a maximum length of 15 seconds, it doesn’t mean yours have to be that long. Shorter videos result in higher completion rates.
- Steer clear of any misleading information as this can backfire for you and your brand due to angry customers being misled.
- Use high-quality images and videos for your posts. No one wants to see a blurry image.
- Have a clear message to get across, and a strong call to action
- Use a minimal amount of text. Due to the limited time available, you need your videos to be easily digestible for the viewer.
- Design your stories with the thought in mind that a lot of your audience won’t have sound on, so make sure your stories are engaging and understandable, with the music acting as an additional bonus rather than an essential thing to have.
- People want stories that are quick and easy to understand, provide a look behind the scenes of the brand or person, an introduction to new products, or to be offered tips and advice.
- You can keep your audience’s attention with speed or a mix of fast movement with slo mo shots.
- You have the whole phone screen as your canvas so make the most of it
Size – 1080px x 1920px
Max file size – 30MB
Leave space at the top and bottom of the video free from text and logos to avoid covering these key elements with the profile icon or call-to-action. This means, if your video is 1080×1920, ensure key elements appear within a 1080×1420 title-safe area.
Hopefully these tips have given you the knowledge to create the ultimate Instagram stories. If you need a hand designing this content we are able to create them for you! Get in touch at [email protected] or call us on 07496 088297.